When I was growing up in Minnesota, I liked Fantastic Four comics — especially the guy who could burst into flames when he uttered, “Flame on!” (Spontaneous combustion was a coveted super power during the long, cold winters.) Now that I’m roasting (and still growing up) in Oklahoma, fire is the last thing on my mind … except when it comes in the form of an award:
Many thanks to Isabelle for the “warm fuzzy!” Now it’s my turn to pass along the honor. But first…
Passionate writing inspires us to be warmer people — whether that passion is for food, family, friends, or fellowship. The element that connects readers, writers, and lurkers alike is being fired up over something. Life’s too brief to be anything but ablaze.
In random order, the award goes to…
1) A Day Without Sushi. Amber motivates me to write with her insights about writing. Plus, she’s entertaining and amusing. We should all be so talented!
2) Miss Wisabus. Elizabeth’s blog appeals to me for many reasons; “fresh and fun” is how I’d describe her. Excellent photography and uplifting thoughts await you, not to mention unabashed admiration for the Royal Couple.
3) Chocolate For Breakfast. Life isn’t about deprivation, but moderation — a point that Sue Ann brings out so well. For a balanced approach to life (and treats), don’t delay. You really can — and should — enjoy chocolate for breakfast.
6) Critty Joy. Christy writes from the heart and her heart is on fire for the Lord. Beautiful thoughts from a beautiful young woman. Thank you for being my friend.
7) Your’s Truly, Melissa. Formerly known as “Melissa’s Oklahoma,” this blog and it’s talented writer/photographer showcase the State we live in and love so well.
8) My Fiance Likes It, So It Must Be Good. Peggy’s engaged — plus she’s an engaging writer and a chef destined for culinary greatness!
9) Guns – Grub – and – other Goodies. Missy is a hard-working Oklahoma gal who knows how to shoot straight — with a 357 and her writing. (Just don’t paste this award too close to your hay bales, Missy!)
10) Cosmopolitan Currymania. Purabi’s expertise with spices fascinates me. We met on Tasty Kitchen (which reminds me… has anybody seen my Tasty Kitchen button? I lost it when I was fiddling with my widgets. Anyway, a new link will be up and running soon!) If you want to spice up your life, please visit Purabi’s blog!
* The prerequisite to accepting this award is to pass it along to ten bloggers who ignite your world with their thoughts. Flame on!
Enjoying life’s incendiary moments,
P.S. I Googled to see if there was any “fine print” attached to this honor. Two out of three bloggers insisted on sharing seven random things…
1) My favorite color is orange.
2) My favorite pajamas are blue and teal plaid. (Orange is not a good color for me up close.)
3) The other night I tried to photograph lightning during an impending thunderstorm. Do not attempt this at home. But it was exhilarating.
4) I’m due for a new pair of cowboy boots and I’m leaning towards flashy ones.
5) If I could go on vacation anywhere in the world, I’d go back to Iceland. (Now that’s a cool thought!)
6) My dining room table is a mess. (All things writing-related end up there.) I’ll think about that tomorrow…
7) I still like the idea of having a super power. Which one would you pick?